Time in Tallinn

This blog was created to document my adventures in Tallinn, Estonia... SUMMER 2005. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philipians 3:12

Monday, August 01, 2005

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Me Glasses 2
Me Glasses 2,
originally uploaded by emilyJean.
Well we are officially winding down. Things will be kind of slow this week because a lot of our kids are leaving town on vacation. I think I might have already stated that in an earlier blog. Last night we celebrated 3 birthdays at the Banks' house...Jill (let's start talking), Iiris (church teen), and Jason (Denton team). Jill and Jason actually have the same birthday amazingly enough.

Jill just found out she's been accepted to optometry school, so Jaime Banks bought her these funny glasses. We were pretty tired the day she bought them, and we all know how everything is much MUCH funnier when you're sleep deprived. We laughed over these glasses for a loooong time.

We took pictures of everyone wearing them-so if you click on the photo it will take you to the other pictures.

This week we will finish up with our Wednesday night devo and volleyball. We're going to try and come up with something really cool and interactive for the devo. Last week was really great, and I'd like to follow up with something that the kids can get really involved with. I will miss all of them a lot. It's strange to think that I may never see any of them again!

We did get to see 2 of the girls get baptized in the sea on Friday. It was very cool. They were wear white robes and had to walk far out into the water because the water is very shallow. Everybody brings flowers to give them after the baptism. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. Tandy got some good pics, so hopefully I'll be able to download those.

Love, love, love, love, the gospel in a word is love...I always thought that song sounded Russian (the melody, duh). Oddly enough we sing it every Sunday at the Russian church. Go figure.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I know what you look like with glasses!

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The finish line is in site. Can't wait to sit down with you all and get the full picture. We're all proud of the entire team. To God be the glory, great things He has done thru your simple acts of kindness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home