Time in Tallinn

This blog was created to document my adventures in Tallinn, Estonia... SUMMER 2005. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philipians 3:12

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Farewell to Kera and Adam

Hangn in the Hallway
Hangn in the Hallway,
originally uploaded by emilyJean.
With the right motivation, I am an excellent speed walker. I just got back from the park where we have our Wednesday night volleyball/devo. I had to go to the bathroom soooo bad after devo was over that I made the rounds and said goodbye as fast as I could. Then I proceeded to walk home as quickly as my short little legs would allow. I made it without an accident, thankfully!

Tonight we decided to split the guys and girls up so that we could have a bit more discussion time during the devo. I knew Tandy and I would enjoy this setup because so many times the guys are in charge of devos. The girls here are so amazing. We basically just asked them to describe to us what being a teenage Christian female is like in Estonia. We also asked them what role church plays in their lives. Some, of course, were shyer than others about sharing their experiences. But I think they were encouraged by our time together. I know I was. We read Philippians 2:12-14 and Romans 8:37-39. Check them out if you have a chance.

According to my clock Adam and Kera are officially back in the United States of America. They left Estonia yesterday and had a 15-hour layover in Germany...ugh. I was very sad to see them go. I group will not be the same without them. Kera brings fun and energy with her everywhere she goes. Her empty bed is one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time. I thank God that we were able to spend this time together. We have grown much closer on this trip and I'm excited to get back and see what great things God has planned for our school year at the good ol CCC. Adam in many ways served as the leader of our team...so as you can imagine its a bit disconcerting to have him leave. Adam has this misconception that I hate him...and I am now officially clearing that misunderstanding up, because hate is a very strong word and.

Just kidding. I like Adam a lot and his leadership was much needed and appreciated. It WILL be missed, no doubt about it.

I know each and every one of you miss our beautiful smiling faces. So, I decided to share our hallway picture with you. At the time this picture was taken there were 17 people living in this house that has 2 bathrooms. Waiting outside of the bathroom for your turn has become a common pastime. The three of us decided to lie on the floor in the hallway that leads directly into the bathroom until Jason came out. I don't think he was quite as amused with the whole thing as we were.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Brian Foster said…

    lol, i've had that same layover, tho i think my was more like 23 hours in frankfurt.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger ashley said…

    Hi Emily,

    It's great to read about your travels, thoughts, and fun ways of seeing the world. It sounds like you're having quite an experience.

    Blessings to you on your journey,
    Ashley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home