Time in Tallinn

This blog was created to document my adventures in Tallinn, Estonia... SUMMER 2005. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philipians 3:12

Friday, July 22, 2005

The Princess Travels

Botanical Gardens 1
Botanical Gardens 1,
originally uploaded by emilyJean.
We had another successful "Friday Fun Day". This week was much easier than last because we knew exactly what to expect. Overall we had a good turn out. As a team we try to keep our Friday afternoons open in case any of the teens want to hang out after FFD. Today we went back to the guy's flat and watched THE INCREDIBLES...and several of us ended up crashing out with a little afternoon R&R. Naps are a good thing.

Tomorrow we are going to an island called Saaraman, or something like that. We're currently in the midst of a Lord of the Rings viewing (somewhere in the middle of The Two Towers) and the name of the island sounds like something strait out of those movies. But it's possible that I'm completely confusing a movie with reality, which at this point is entirely possible. By they way Jake, I was the only person laughing when Golem said, "We swears on the precious." FYI-I have no idea how to spell Golem. Back to the island...there is supposed to be a fabulous castle there. We were talked about buying our return bus tickets early so we don't get stranded there. But I assured everyone that it would be okay because I'd get to spend the night in the castle, which is okay because I'm a princess. They all got a big laugh out of that. I'm sure you can tell we're getting to know each other very well.

We attended a Lets Start Talking party last night. They host parties every week for their bible study students. It was a Canada party. I actually learned the Canadian anthem, and a few other tid bits about our Northerly neighbor. As I met several of the Estonians who are currently studying with the LST team I couldn't help but think of the possibilities that lie in each of them. I realized that God has a plan and purpose for each of them. It was a cool experience.

Please continue to pray for our team as Kera and Adam prepare to return to the great USofA. It will be an adjustment!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home